Thursday 5 March 2009

THE TALENTED MR HEBDAN

Kieran Hebdan or Four Tet to his lesser known fans has been around a good few years producing some fine beats lying somewhere bewteen Instrumental Hip-Hop, Indie-Rock, Post-Rock, IDM/Glitch, Jazz, Soul, Funk etc. It goes on and on, I've never actually come across anyone that dislikes the man and his music...rarely does something someone produces appeal to everyone but somehow he hit's the spot.

Anyway, couple of remixes for you all...

Sia Remix - This is the chick from the first Zero 7 album. I really have fond memories of that record, so when I checked out Sia's solo stuff I was...well, more than disappointed to say the least! It was like listening to a watered down Beth Orton or PJ Harvey, I mean how can you possibly water down those two and be expected to get away with it?! Anyway, when I first heard this remix compiled on Four Tet's remixes album, the thing that struck me first was the drum intro that lead's perfectly into Sia's vocals - the song build's so skilfully as well...something he's got down to a fine art.

Born Ruffians Remix - This is in the vein of his newer stuff, clearly exploring minimal techno with his twist on the genre. I can't stand Born Ruffians so avoided listening to this remix for some reason, until I bumped into a very very old friend during a drunk night out, that led to the discussion of Mr Four Tet?! I was taken back by my friend's knowledge of the guy and proceeded to download this song immediatly...well, when i got home reeeeally drunk and danced around my room in my pants as you do on a Friday night, I'd say confirming the tune to be a Reet Banger!

No comments: