Wednesday 19 September 2012

DANREADS

Hello All - somewhat of a return to the bloggersphere for me. Over the past year I have been concentrating on my supposed punk band ManReads

We spent a year or so recording our debut album "Knowing A Lot About Not A Lot" with Richard Tamblyn of Blacksmiths fame. I had my wonderful girlfriend produce some artwork and we released it summer this year, all of which can be heard HERE

Inbetween playing with some notably great bands over the past couple of months, I have began working with a friend on a new project. It is a fairly big away from Dee El but we are planning to release something in the form of an EP later this year. Certain nods towards house fiends such as Blawan, Joy Orbison and French Fries.

Dee El is still alive though, I will be producing this years 2012 Mixtape over the coming weeks. This year hasn't been the best for releases in comparison to 2011 but there has been some remarkable albums floating around.

This has been a real highlight for me this year, taken from his new album Beams.








No comments: